Sunday, January 15, 2012

Colorful Winter

Snow in Riga started to fall on Friday, January 13. My family here had a visitor from South Africa who came to see the snow for the first time in his life - so he had to wait until the day of his departure... My first day in Riga was wrapped in a fog.

The title "Colorful Winter" is the name of a show in Riga which I enjoyed very much - not only because it is really colorful and artistic, but also it made me happy that traditional Latvian craft skills are still kept alive and developed further. I am so proud to show you - these are traditions from a country where I was born. I have to confess that this exhibit made me long for my knitting needles so much that my shoulder started to ache as to remind me - not yet.... :-(


















1 comment: