Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


 

I saw the idea on Cut-the-Knot page  and decided to make my Valentine to all friends of my blog.
Here are the steps:
1. Take two paper strips.
2. Glue ends together with 180 degree twist - yes, make two Moebius bands BUT make sure they have - twisted differently : one is right, the other is left.
3. Now glue these two strips together:
4. Cut the strips in the middle and your mathematical Valentine is done!
 
As a reading for Valentine's Day something romantic and mathematical at the same I suggest
Paolo Giordano the Solitude of Prime Numbers

During the Nemo storm I finished a piece which will go to the exhibit this year. It has been confirmed that my dream has come true - I will be having joint exhibit in Mattatuck Museum with my friend Gail Rothschild - please visit her webpage! And if today's meeting will have a positive outcome, then there will be another exhibit - in New York...

No comments:

Post a Comment